Golf at Level 2
The announcement today was what we had all been waiting for and a chance to get some normality back into our lives.
At Level 2, playing golf can be played with friends from outside of our bubbles and the handicap system is live, however, there are still measures to ensure the health and safety of us all and while it’s a natural desire to get back into business as quickly as possible, not everything will happen overnight.
The most important principle is to play it safe and remain physically distant from others.
From Thursday 14 May to Monday 18 May
- The course will be open for casual golf to members and green fee players up to a maximum of 4 players per group
- Tee times will be from 9.00am to 3.00pm at 10 minute intervals from the No. 1 tee and should be booked online
From Tuesday 19 May until Level 1
- Club competitions will recommence on Tuesday 19 May as follows:
Tee time Ladies Thursday 10.00am Disc draw Saturday 9.30am Disc draw Men Wednesday 9.30am Online Booking Saturday 10.30am Drawn Groups 9 Hole Tuesday 10.00am Disc Draw Mixed Saturday 10.00am Online Booking
- Where an entry fee is payable, please have the correct money.
- Scorecards should be placed in the box provided in the Clubhouse and results will be either published on the website or announced the following week.
- The new handicap system will be operational, therefore, scorecards should be printed. This will also assist with Contact Tracing requirements.
- Casual Golf – bookings will be available through the online Tee Booking System.
Temporary Local Rules
- Scoring in Stroke Play – Non Exchanging of Scorecards
Player may enter their own hole scores on the scorecard and it is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player’s hole scores, but a verbal certification must take place. Enter fellow competitors name or ID on the scorecard which will be deemed that the verbal certification has been agreed upon.
- Flagsticks and Holing Out
Players must leave the flagstick in the hole at all times. A ball is deemed to be holed with the next stroke if it is within 12 inches (30cm) of the hole.
Raffles and Tournaments
Raffles and tournaments, such as the Friday Tournament, will not be programmed until Level 1.
Will reopen with the limitation of 1 person in the shop at a time.
The changing and toilet facilities will be open, but the main Clubhouse will remain close at present.
Bar and Catering
We are seeking clarification on when we are able to reopen and will advise members once this information is received.
We ask that you adhere to general advice, particularly the recommended hygiene measures, keep your distance from other people when you are out in public and if you’re feeling unwell, please stay home.
Thank you for your support and patience during this time.